Dear Runner and Event Supporter,

It is time to update you about the status of this year’s Gloucester 10k scheduled for 5th July 2020.

As you will be aware, the current Coronavirus situation means that we don’t know at the moment whether or not we will be able to go ahead with the race. We have decided to delay a decision for as long as possible for a number of reasons: –

  1. If restrictions on public gatherings have been lifted by this date many runners will be very keen to participate in races.
  2. Many other races over this period have already been postponed and there will be limited opportunities for runners to race elsewhere during this time.
  3. So many races have already been postponed until the Autumn and we don’t think it is practical to add yet another race to the schedule over this period.
  4. The race raises very valuable funds for good local causes, and we want to be able to make those donations if at all possible. All proceeds from this event go to charity.

As you will have gathered from the above, if it is not possible to run the race on 5th July 2020, we will not hold the race this year. Instead, we will hold over all current entries until next year’s race, which is likely to take place on 4th July 2021.

For now, given the uncertainty over whether the event will take place we would ask those considering entry to hold off doing so pending further updates.

I hope that this helps to clarify matters. Let’s all hope that the current crisis is brought under control quickly which would be a relief for all of us in so many ways.

In the meantime, keep safe.

Nigel Tillott

Race Director